sunnuntai 9. toukokuuta 2010

Shakespeare in Love

Hi!
Last thursday was one
of the weirdest thursdays in my life.
Accidently, I run into my friend
I long hadn't seen.
She lives in another town,
so it was a railwaysstation we met.
We sat there for hours.
On the bench spitten on
by every early teenage boy in town
we sat, and talked.
First it was about shopping,
the play in her school and then.
We came to the subject of Love.
I had always thought I knew a person well
if she or he was known to me
by the name, profession and the interests.
How one flirted, walked, talked
and behaved near the opposite sex.
But I knew nothing then.
She told me what she seeked,
in the area of Love,
and I told her mine.
There were thousands things
which neither of us knew ourself,
but by the moment we opened our mouths
the words, wishes, feelings and most secret dreams
were christal clear to both of us.
Quite possibly, I know,
I still don't know her as well as I do myself,
but in the end, who do we know as well?
In a mood of romance
I 'invested' in a lipstick called 'Blush in Romance'.
Kill me but I do not know by whom it was.
Just after that I went to a dvd-shop
(where they still sell vhs- how cute)
and still in the mood, bought the Shakespeare in Love.
Now I've watched it.
1998 it was made,
and a good movie indeed it is.
It is a movie of Shakespeares three weeks of love.
Three weeks of Love,
breathing at last,
after years of living dead.
He falls in Love, writes about it,
living in a dream which will soon end.
Yes, there is a trick-
no one will ever deny it now.
She's marrying a man of fortune,
not a poet with non-existing career.
And if we think about Shakespeare himself
what do we know about him?
Just what he wrote.
But even that will tell us enough.
He must have loved
or dreamed of love
for none of us humans can write anything
like he wrote
if not telling about himself
or a person he knew as well.
But maybe he was just never
in fortunes favours enough
to fall in love.

Oh dear. I feel like a parrot now. But since there are only few people who have written to me commenting anything I write here, it's okay. (I guess)

-Ellen

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti