maanantai 23. elokuuta 2010

Spain

My friend called me the other day and told me she had (for the first time of her life, I may assume) crushed madly in likening with a Spanish boy. The first words I told her? "Welcome to hell, my friend. But I'm still very happy about it."
She, herself, said that it probably would not last. That probably he would find a better one or she would not share the same feelings in few weeks, maybe even months. If something is sad, then that's that. Nowadays, if we crush/fall in love, we constantly think about "will it last"? or "will he cheat?". That leads me to the Questions "Why?" and "What does it even matter?". Why do we even care? Is it the young age of Romeo&Juliet that leads us to the worry of age and lasting? What if Juliet had been twentyfive-- or-or, fourty four? Would everything be different? Should misleaded human beings accuse Shakespeare for all that crap?
But I really want to know, is why. Why does it even matter, if it does not last? Can't we enjoy the moment, live on the wave? Is it because of our weaknesses? Because we are scared of letting go?
-Ellen

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti